Fresh Broccoli Salad
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound broccoli, rinsed, trimmed and sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 6 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces coarsely chopped, toasted pecans or hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil leaves
Whisk together the vinegar, zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. While whisking constantly, gradually add the olive oil. Add the broccoli and toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Stir in the tomatoes, hazelnuts and basil. Cover and allow to sit, at room temperature or in the refrigerator, for another 15 minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.