Pistachio Fruit Balls
- 5 ounces (approximately 1 cup) roasted pistachios
- 4 ounces (approximately 1 cup) dried cherries
- 2 ounces (approximately 1/2 cup) dried apricots
- 2 ounces (approximately 1/2 cup) golden raisins
- 2 ounces (approximately 1/2 cup) pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
Put the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, but not powdery. Divide in half into 2 separate bowls and set aside.
Put the cherries, apricots, raisins, and dates through a food grinder using the medium-grind blade. Add to the bowl with half of the pistachios. Add the orange juice and creme de cassis to the mixture and combine, using your hands, until the liquid is evenly distributed throughout. Shape the mixture into 24 walnut size balls and roll them in the remaining chopped pistachios. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.