- 8 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cubed and cooked red bliss potatoes
- 1 (14 to 15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 cups cubed cornbread
- 1 to 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the sausage into a 10-inch cast iron skillet and set over medium-high heat. Cook, breaking the sausage into pieces with a spatula or spoon, until it begins to give up some of its fat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the onions, jalapeno and bell peppers to the sausage and cook until soft and translucent, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Add the potatoes to the skillet and increase the heat to high. Cook until the potatoes have browned slightly, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the black beans, cornbread, and turkey and cook until the hash is heated through. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper and serve immediately.