- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup aged goat cheese, shaved, or Parmesan
Combine the farro and water or stock in a medium saucepot. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes, and then drain. Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and pepper and let cool.
Remove and discard the ribs from the kale, then chiffonade the leaves finely and place in a bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Stir in the farro and season the salad with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 deep plates or bowls and garnish with the shaved goat cheese.