Parsley Salad with Toasted Almonds and Lemon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cold, cooked rice, such as basmati
- 5 cups roughly chopped Italian parsley, with tender stems
- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Dashes hot paprika, for garnish, optional
Make the dressing right in the serving bowl: Combine the lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, salt and garlic in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
Reheat the rice until steaming. (I just microwave it for a few minutes.)
Add the parsley to the dressing and toss to combine. Add the rice, almonds, onions and lemon zest, and toss well.
Serve, garnished with a couple dashes of hot paprika if desired.