Angelle's Dates and Cream Pie
- 7 ounces "Honey Graham Crackers"
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Date Layer:
- 10 ounces whole pitted dry dates (recommended: Sunsweet)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Cream Layer:
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 dates, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped pecans
- Crust Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Process graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs. Put in bowl and mix in chopped pecans, butter and salt. Pat into 9-inch pie pan. Pre-bake crust on bottom third rack of oven for 12 minutesDate layer preparation:
Add dates and process again until chunky.Cream Layer preparation:
Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla until well incorporated.Assembly:
Spread Date mixture evenly over pre-baked crust. Spread cream layer evenly over date mixture. Bake in middle of oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F until filling jiggles only slightly in the middle. Cool immediately in refrigerator or on dry ice at least 40 minutes until filling has cooled down and set.Whipped Cream preparation:
Whip cream, vanilla and sugar until semi-firm peaks form.Topping/ Garnish preparation:
Spread a 1/4-inch layer of whipped cream over top of pie. Slice dates and roll in sugar. Garnish pie with sliced dates, chopped roasted pecans, and pipe remaining whipped cream decoratively.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.