- 1/4 to 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 scallions, white and green parts separated, sliced thinly on the bias
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- One 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 white onion, such as Maui onion, julienned
- 1 pound ahi tuna, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted macadamia nuts
Combine the soy sauce, sambal, sesame oil, scallion whites, garlic, ginger and onions in a medium bowl. Toss in the tuna and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Stir in the macadamia nuts. Plate as desired and garnish with the scallion greens.