- 1/2 bunch curly endive (also called chicory), large, tough stems removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Belgian endive, cut into spears
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
In a large salad bowl, toss together both endives and the onion. Sprinkle with the vinegar, oil and salt and toss again. If a little more oil or vinegar is needed, do so in small increments and taste as you go. The salad should be well seasoned and dressed but not soggy.