Dijon, Saltine and Wheat Germ Crusted Chicken Fingers with Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 sleeve (about 25) saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Ranch Dipping Sauce, for serving, recipe follows
- Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 shakes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut the chicken breasts on the diagonal into wide flat strips and season with salt, to taste. In a large bowl, combine the Dijon and the yogurt, toss in the chicken and stir to coat evenly.
Pulse, pulse, pulse the crackers in a food processor until they look like fine crumbs. Add the wheat germ and toasted almonds and pulse until it is a homogeneous mixture. Put this mixture into a wide flat dish. Roll the marinated chicken in this mixture, 1 piece at a time, pressing the cracker/wheat germ mixture to evenly crust each piece. Lay the prepared chicken onto a sheet tray fitted with a rack. Baking the chicken on a rack will allow the air to circulate around the chicken to cook it evenly and make it crispy.
Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through but not dry, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven to a serving platter and serve with the Dipping Sauce.Ranch Dipping Sauce:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
Dip the chicken fingers in this and say yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmyy!
More Recipes and Ideas:
Wheat Germ and Ginger, Wasabi Cream, and Tuna Creme Fraiche Cupcakes, Chicken and Bacon Waffles, NO RECIPE RECIPE: Roasting Chicken, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes