Apple and Onion-Stuffed Pork Chops with Orange-Pineapple Gravy
- 4 (1-inch thick) pork chops
- 2 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, 1/2 chopped and 1/2 in wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, stripped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons pineapple-orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, for skillet
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Gently cut pockets into chops by slicing horizontally in the side. On a plate, place salt and pepper. Dredge chops in seasoning. In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the bacon, chopped onions, thyme, and sage until the bacon is almost crispy and the onions are beginning to caramelize around the edges, about 10 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl. Add apples, butter, 2 tablespoons of pineapple-orange juice and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff each chop with apple mixture and hold together with skewers. In same skillet over medium-high heat, add enough oil to coat the pan and sear both sides of the chops until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Add 1 cup pineapple-orange juice and remaining onion wedges around the chops. Season with salt and pepper and bake until cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops, basting 2 to 3 times. Remove pork chops from pan and let rest 10 minutes. Add remaining pineapple-orange juice and scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and parsley. Pour sauce over pork chops.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Apple Ginger Pork Chops, Pork Chops, Golden Apple and Raisin Sauce, Whole Wheat Pasta Mac-n-Cheddar, Pork Chops with Apples and Pancetta, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Apple Crisp Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.