- 4 (908 g) medium to large apples, seeded and cut into large pieces
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cool water
- 2 double layer cheese cloths
1. Place apples and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push apples into the blades until pureed.
5. Transfer puree to a bowl lined with cheesecloth set atop a bowl and twist until juice is extracted.
6. Allow to strain about 10 minutes.
For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.