- 1/2 cup, packed, brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored and cut into 1/4inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces (1 cup) pecans, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons regular sugar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins (2 1/2 inch round) with paper liners. Sift sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Add flour and sift again. In a bowl combine egg, melted butter and buttermilk. Stir the wet ingredients into dry ones and mix just to combine don't overbeat. Add apples and pecans. Spoon batter into muffin tins to the top. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.