Applewood Bacon Wrapped Chilean Seabass on Lentils du Puy
- 1/2 -ounce onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 -ounce celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 -ounce carrot, finely chopped
- 5 ounces French lentils (ideally Puy lentils)
- Vegetable broth, to cover
- 1 bouquet garni sachet, recipe follows
- 1 (7-ounce) Chilean Sea bass fillet
- 3 ounces smoked bacon, preferably Applewood
- 2 sprigs sage, leaves removed
- 1 -ounce butter
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves removed, cleaned and chopped
- 1 -ounce tomato concasse
- 2 ounces stiffly beaten whipped heavy cream
- 4 to 5 leaves sage, for garnish
- Bouquet Garni Sachet:
- 1 -ounce thyme
- 1 -ounce parsley
- 1/4 -ounce black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Butcher's twine
In a medium saucepan, sweat the onions in the olive oil, and when they are translucent, add the celery and carrots. Add the lentils and toss with the vegetables. Add the vegetable broth to cover and the bouquet garni. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer the lentils until they are soft.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Preheat an ovenproof saute pan large enough to hold the 7-ounce fillet, comfortably. On a cutting board, shingle 4 to 5 slices of bacon. Take the fillet and place it at the corner of the bacon. Place the sage leaves on top of the fillet. Wrap the fillet in the bacon. When saute pan is hot, place the bacon wrapped fish into the center of the pan, searing the bacon. After 2 minutes, turn the fish over and place the entire pan into the oven to finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
When the lentils are soft, drain off extra liquid and remove the bouquet garni. Remove the fish from the oven and plate. Fold the butter, chopped parsley, tomato concasse, and whipped cream into the lentils and spoon on top of the Chilean sea bass. Garnish with the sage leaves. Serve hot.Bouquet Garni Sachet:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.