- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 slices unpeeled galangal, about 2 inches long
- 3 slices lemongrass, about 2 inches long
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 10 Thai chile peppers, pounded with the edge of a knife or cooking mallet to release the flavor
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 8 medium-size cubes tofu, optional (your favorite brand)
- Dash chopped cilantro
- Dash chopped green onions
In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Once boiling, add the lime leaves, galangal and lemongrass and boil for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thin soy sauce, Thai chiles, lime juice, tomatoes, onions and tofu, if desired, and boil for another 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Cook's Note: For extra spice, add more Thai chile peppers
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.