Arcadian Cafe's Chicken Amaretto
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Dish of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or use 1 tablespoon of chicken paste with 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur (recommended: Amaretto)
- Portobello Caps:
- Olive oil, for sautéing
- 4 portobello caps, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
In a large heavy-bottomed pot, add 1/2-inch of oil and heat to 325 degrees F. Dip chicken in water, sprinkle curry on both sides, roll in flour and repeat for remaining chicken breast. Fry chicken in oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear when pierced. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
In a separate pot bring the broth to a boil. Sift the flour directly into the stock, and immediately start whisking. Continue to boil on medium heat until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the liqueur.
In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the portobello slices and the garlic. Saute until mushrooms are tender.
Place chicken breast on plate, top with mushrooms, and then cover with the sauce.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Cody Wiles
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp