- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 8-ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8-ounces creme fraiche
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, stalk removed, bulb thinly sliced
- 2 green apples, cored and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and saute the chopped bacon until crispy. Drain the bacon pieces on a paper towel.
Place the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly golden, about 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, lightly whisk together the mascarpone cheese, creme fraiche, orange zest and juice, and lemon zest and juice. Season the mixture with salt, and pepper, to taste. Cook's Note: This will be your dressing.
Place the fennel salad in a serving bowl and top with the pine nuts and bacon.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.