Monday Night Lentil Soup
- 2 TB. coconut butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 in. piece of ginger, minced
- 3 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups lentils (I use 1 cup french and 1 cup red)
- 12 cups of water
- 2 -3 tsp. salt (depending on salt tolerance)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of bok choy (mostly the tops)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Cinnamon-Scented Brown Rice:
- 2 cups short grain brown rice
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 small cinnamon stick
Saute onion, garlic, ginger, carrots and coriander in the coconut butter for about 4 minutes. Add water to deglaze the bottom of the pot and continue to cook for an additional 8 minutes.
Add the lentils, water, salt and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down slightly and lightly boil for 40 minutes.To make the rice:
Bring to a boil on the stove top.
Cover and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
***I also added chili oil for an extra kick!
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Aria Kagan