Monday Night Lentil Soup
- 2 TB. coconut butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 in. piece of ginger, minced
- 3 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups lentils (I use 1 cup french and 1 cup red)
- 12 cups of water
- 2 -3 tsp. salt (depending on salt tolerance)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of bok choy (mostly the tops)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Cinnamon-Scented Brown Rice:
- 2 cups short grain brown rice
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 small cinnamon stick
Saute onion, garlic, ginger, carrots and coriander in the coconut butter for about 4 minutes. Add water to deglaze the bottom of the pot and continue to cook for an additional 8 minutes.
Add the lentils, water, salt and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down slightly and lightly boil for 40 minutes.To make the rice:
Bring to a boil on the stove top.
Cover and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
***I also added chili oil for an extra kick!
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.