41. Carob Brownies: Combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup each whole-wheat flour, carob chips and toasted walnuts, 1/3 cup each brown sugar and carob powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Whisk 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup apple juice and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; stir in the flour mixture. Spread in the pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
42. Giftable Brownie Mix: Mix 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup each light brown sugar and granulated sugar, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in an airtight container. (To bake, whisk with 2 sticks melted butter, 1/4 cup hot water, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Bake in a 9-inch-square pan at 350 degrees F, 40 minutes.)
43. Brownie Thins: Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon each baking soda and salt, and 1 1/2 sticks butter in a food processor until combined. Pat into a disk between pieces of parchment; chill 10 minutes. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and remove the parchment; cut into small squares. Transfer to baking sheets; chill 10 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees F, 10 minutes.
44. Toffee Brownies: Make Fudgy Brownies (No. 11), folding 1/2 cup toffee bits into the batter. Top with 1/4 cup toffee bits before baking.
45. Triple Chocolate Sundaes: Make Fudgy Brownie batter (No. 11); spread in the pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake. Serve topped with chocolate ice cream and hot fudge.
46. Brownie Pops: Cut brownies into small squares; skewer with lollipop sticks. Melt 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate with 4 teaspoons shortening. Dip the brownies in the melted chocolate; top with chocolate sprinkles. Place on parchment paper to set.
47. Brownie Petits Fours: Cut brownies into 1-inch squares. Spread half of the squares with jam; sandwich with the rest. Place on a rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour melted white chocolate over the sandwiches; decorate with sprinkles. Let set.
48. Brownie Ice Cream Bars: Slice brownies in half horizontally. Spread one half with raspberry jam and the other with softened mint ice cream. Press together and freeze until firm.
49. Bananas Foster Brownies: Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup light brown sugar in a skillet, stirring. Add 3 sliced bananas; cook until golden. Add 1/4 cup light rum and 1 tablespoon banana liqueur. Off the heat, ignite with a match and let the flame burn off. Spoon over brownies; top with vanilla ice cream.
50. Frozen Brownie Mud Pie: Press 1 1/4 cups crumbled brownies into a pie plate; freeze. Fill with softened coffee ice cream and top with toffee bits; freeze. Top with whipped cream and hot fudge.
Photographs by Yunhee Kim