21. Pho: Simmer 4 cups chicken broth, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 star anise pod and 1 cinnamon stick, 10 minutes. Add 2 large sliced chicken breasts and cook 10 minutes. Add 8 ounces cooked rice noodles. Top with sliced jalapeno, basil and mint.
22. Basic Soup: Simmer 5 cups chicken broth, 2 large chicken breasts and 1 cup each sliced carrots, celery, onions and parsnips, 20 minutes. Shred the chicken, then return to the soup; add some chopped dill and parsley.
23. Dumpling Soup: Make Basic Chicken Soup (No. 22). Mix 1/3 cup each flour and softened butter to form a paste; whisk into the soup and bring to a boil. Add 4 quartered rounds of refrigerated biscuit dough; cover and simmer 25 minutes.
24. Basic Roasted: Season 2 large chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Brown in an ovenproof skillet in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, turning once, 8 minutes, then roast at 375 degrees F, 15 minutes.
25. Ratatouille: Prepare Basic Roasted Chicken (No. 24); remove to a plate after browning. Saute 1 each diced small eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato and red onion in the drippings, 5 minutes. Stir in a pinch of sugar and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Return the chicken to the pan; roast at 375 degrees F, 15 minutes. Top with torn basil.
26. Potato-Leek: Prepare Basic Roasted Chicken (No. 24); remove to a plate after browning. Saute 3 chopped leeks and 1 1/2 pounds diced potatoes in the drippings, 7 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan; roast at 375 degrees F, 15 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon each butter, chopped dill and parsley.
27. Maple-Squash: Toss 3 cups diced butternut squash, 1 cup pecans and 2 tablespoons each maple syrup and diced butter on a foil-lined baking sheet. Make Basic Roasted Chicken (No. 24), roasting the chicken on the baking sheet with the squash.
28. Pizza: Make Basic Roasted Chicken (No. 24) with 1 chicken breast; shred. Toss with 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes, 2 sliced bell peppers, 1 sliced onion, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning; spread on 1 pound rolled-out pizza dough. Bake on a hot stone at 475 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes.
29. New Orleans–Style: Make Basic Roasted Chicken (No. 24), rubbing the meat with 1 tablespoon each Cajun seasoning and brown sugar before browning. Mix 1/2 cup each chopped giardiniera and olives with 1/4 cup each olive oil and chopped parsley; serve with the chicken.
30. Peanut Stir-Fry: Mix 3 tablespoons each soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat; add 4 cubed small chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon minced ginger and 1/2 cup each peanuts and sliced celery. Stir-fry 5 minutes. Add the sauce; cook until thick.