11. Romesco Dip: Pulse 1 cup roasted red peppers, 1 garlic clove, a pinch of red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar and 1/3 cup each toasted almonds and olive oil in a food processor until finely chopped. Serve with breadsticks or crackers.
12. Mini Manchego Tarts: Make Romesco Dip (No. 11) and spoon a thin layer into mini phyllo shells. Top each with a cube of manchego cheese and bake at 425 degrees F until the cheese melts, 8 minutes. Top with chopped parsley.
13. Cranberry-Pate Bites: Mix 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on toasted baguette slices and top with sliced country pate and sliced cornichons.
14. Stuffed Cherry Peppers: Stem and seed hot or sweet pickled cherry peppers. Wrap strips of thinly sliced salami around cubes of aged provolone and stuff inside the peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with toothpicks.
15. Deviled Crab Dip: Mix 1/2 pound crabmeat, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon each dijon mustard, lemon juice and chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, and salt and hot sauce to taste. Serve with crackers.
16. Pimiento Cheese Spread: Mix 8 ounces grated sharp yellow cheddar, 4 ounces grated pepper jack, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped drained pimientos, 1 small grated shallot and a pinch of cayenne. Spread on toasted bread and sprinkle with chopped chives.
17. Creamy Shrimp Dip: Combine 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup mayonnaise and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Stir in 3/4 pound chopped cooked shrimp and 1/4 cup each chopped celery and scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with potato chips or crackers.
18. Italian Tuna Dip: Pulse 1 drained 5-ounce can oil-packed Italian tuna, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon and 2 tablespoons capers in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Top with more parsley and serve with crudites.
19. Spiced Pita Chips: Cut 3 pitas into wedges. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander, and salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 425 degrees F until toasted, 8 minutes.
20. Pumpkin Hummus: Purée 1 1/2 cups drained canned chickpeas, 1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin, 3 tablespoons each olive oil and tahini (sesame paste), 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/4 cup water. Add salt and lemon juice to taste. Transfer to a bowl and top with olive oil, red pepper flakes and toasted pepitas (hulled green pumpkin seeds). Serve with sweet potato chips.