41. Fried Eggwich: Make 1 Fried Egg (No. 40) and fry 2 slices Canadian bacon. Serve on a toasted English muffin with sliced tomato and jack cheese.
42. Steak and Eggs: Mix 1/2 stick soft butter with Worcestershire sauce. Season 1 pound flank steak with salt and pepper; sear in plain butter. Make Fried Eggs (No. 40). Slice the steak and top with the flavored butter and the eggs.
43. Hash-Brown Eggs: Fry 1 cup each chopped onion and grated potato in a cast-iron skillet with butter until crisp. Add 1/2 cup grated cheddar and crack in 2 eggs. Bake at 425 degrees F until set; top with salsa.
44. Fry-Up: Fry 2 sausage links, 2 sausage patties and 4 bacon slices in a skillet. Add 1 sliced tomato, crack in 4 eggs, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the eggs set.
45. Nicoise Deviled Eggs: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5); halve and scoop out the yolks. Mash with 3 tablespoons olive oil, a can of tuna, chopped parsley and a splash of lemon juice. Scoop into the whites; top with sliced olives and tomatoes.
46. Huevos Rancheros: Sauté 1 each diced jalapeno and garlic clove in a skillet with vegetable oil and a pinch of cumin. Add 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 tablespoon chopped chipotles in adobo; simmer until thick. Add 4 eggs and poach until set. Serve with tortillas and queso fresco.
47. Spaghetti Pie: Mix 1/2 cup milk, 8 beaten eggs, 3 cups cooked spaghetti, 1 cup shredded pecorino, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook 1/4 pound diced pancetta in a small cast-iron skillet. Add the egg mixture and cook until the bottom sets, then bake at 325 degrees F, 25 minutes.
48. Ham Frittata: Beat 8 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup shredded pecorino, and salt and pepper. Sauté 1 cup sliced asparagus and 3 ounces diced ham in an ovenproof nonstick skillet with oil. Add the eggs; cook until the bottom sets, then bake at 325 degrees F, 25 minutes.
49. Spring Frittata: Soak 1/2 cup stale bread cubes in 1/2 cup milk; mix with 8 beaten eggs. Add 3/4 cup ricotta, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, and salt and pepper. Sauté 1 cup shredded zucchini in an ovenproof nonstick skillet with oil. Add the egg mixture; cook as directed for Ham Frittata (No. 48).
50. Spanish Tortilla: Simmer 2 1/2 pounds sliced potatoes and 1 sliced onion in 1 1/2 cups olive oil until tender. Drain, then mix with 8 beaten eggs. Pour into a nonstick skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook until almost set, 15 minutes; flip and finish cooking, 5 more minutes.
Photographs by Yunhee Kim