31. Corn Crostini Toss 1 cup cooked corn kernels with 1 cup each diced tomato and fresh mozzarella, 1/4 cup chopped basil and 2 tablespoons each white wine vinegar and olive oil. Spoon onto toasted baguette slices.
32. Chile-Corn Vinaigrette Puree 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels with 2 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon each sherry vinegar and brine from a jar of Peppadew peppers. Whisk in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
33. Corn Frittata Mix 8 beaten eggs with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 cup cooked corn kernels, 3 chopped scallions and 1 cup grated cheddar. Pour into an oiled 8-inch ovenproof skillet. Cook over medium heat, 5 minutes, then bake at 400 degrees F until set, 15 more minutes.
34. Cold Corn Soup Cut the kernels from 4 raw ears of corn; reserve the cobs. Saute 2 chopped leeks in olive oil in a pot, 5 minutes. Add the corn and cobs, 1 chopped peeled potato and 8 cups water; simmer 30 minutes. Discard the cobs. Puree, strain and season with salt and pepper; chill.
35. Corn Egg Drop Soup Cook 1 1/2 cups raw corn kernels in 4 cups simmering chicken broth, 5 minutes. Mix 4 teaspoons each cornstarch and water; whisk into the broth and bring to a boil. Slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs; simmer 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced scallions.
36. Corn Chowder Cook 2 chopped leeks, 1 chopped red bell pepper and 1 tablespoon fresh thyme in butter in a saucepan, 3 minutes. Add 2 quarts chicken broth, 3 cups raw corn kernels, 1 pound diced potatoes and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Stir in some chopped parsley.
37. Savory Corn Custard Puree 2 cups raw corn kernels, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 teaspoon each kosher salt and soy sauce and a pinch of sugar. Mix with 4 beaten eggs. Strain into four 4-ounce ramekins. Cook in a steamer basket set over simmering water, covered, 10 minutes. Top with sliced scallions.
38. Cheesy Corn Toast Brush frozen Texas toast with mayonnaise; top with shredded cheddar, sliced tomatoes and raw corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F until the cheese melts, 8 minutes.
39. Corn Waffles Whisk 1 cup self-rising flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 cup raw corn kernels, a pinch of salt and 3/4 cup milk. Cook in a waffle maker until golden.
40. Corn Blini Make the batter for Corn Waffles (No. 39) using 3 tablespoons oil and 1 cup milk. Cook mini pancakes in a hot buttered skillet. Top with creme fraiche and chopped mixed herbs.