41. Mexican Blini Make the batter for Corn Waffles (No. 39) using 3 tablespoons oil and 1 cup milk. Cook mini pancakes in a hot buttered skillet. Top with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
42. Corn Pasta Cook 8 ounces pappardelle; reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain. Cook 1/2 cup diced pancetta in 2 tablespoons olive oil until crisp. Add 1 cup each raw corn kernels and chopped scallions, and 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes; cook, stirring, until tender. Add the pasta water and bring to a simmer; stir in the pasta. Top with basil and parmesan.
43. Corn Baked Potatoes Bake potatoes at 400 degrees F, 1 hour. Puree 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels with 6 tablespoons softened butter. Stir in 2 more tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon cream and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Serve on the potatoes.
44. Hush Puppies Whisk 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup cornmeal, 1 cup raw corn kernels and 3/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and baking powder; stir in 3/4 cup milk. Fry spoonfuls of batter in 350 degrees F vegetable oil, 3 minutes.
45. Mozzarella Corn Fritters Make Hush Puppies (No. 44) with just 1/2 cup corn kernels; add 1/2 cup finely diced mozzarella and a pinch of dried oregano to the batter before frying.
46. Creamed Corn Cook 3 cups raw corn kernels and 1 tablespoon flour in 2 tablespoons butter, 5 minutes. Whisk in 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup cream cheese; simmer until thickened, 15 minutes. Stir in chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste.
47. Light Creamed Corn Cut the kernels off 6 raw ears of corn. Scrape the cobs with the back of a knife to extract the milk; puree the milk with half of the kernels and 1 cup water. Cook the remaining kernels and 1/2 chopped onion in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add the puree, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring, 10 minutes.
48. Corn Pizza Stretch refrigerated pizza dough into a large rectangle on parchment; brush with olive oil. Top with minced garlic, sliced mozzarella, raw corn kernels and grated parmesan; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Bake at 475 degrees F, 10 minutes. Top with basil.
49. Corn Risotto Cook 1 cup each raw corn kernels and chopped onion in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add 1 cup each arborio rice and white wine; simmer until the wine is absorbed. Add 3 cups hot broth, stirring, until absorbed. Add 3 more cups broth and cook, stirring, until tender, 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan. Season with salt.
50. Corn Relish Chop 1 cup cooked corn kernels, 1 each red and green bell pepper, 1 stalk celery and 3 scallions in a food processor. Toss with 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon each olive oil and brown sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon each celery seeds and kosher salt.
Photographs by Jennifer Causey