31. Shortcut Muesli Pancakes Prepare a boxed pancake mix, substituting 1/2 cup finely ground muesli for 1/2 cup of the mix. Add 2 extra tablespoons milk or water. Cook as directed. Top with yogurt.
32. Blintzes Make Crepes (No. 28). Mix 1 1/2 pounds farmer cheese, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, and some lemon zest and cinnamon. Spoon onto the crepes and fold each into a packet. Cook in a hot buttered skillet until crisp; top with jam.
33. Shortcut Apple Pancakes Prepare a boxed pancake mix. Add 1/4 cup applesauce and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the batter; cook as directed.
34. Shortcut Lemon-Poppy Seed Pancakes Prepare a boxed pancake mix. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons each grated lemon zest, lemon juice and poppy seeds to the batter; cook as directed. Top with lemon marmalade.
35. Shortcut Cranberry Pancakes Prepare a boxed pancake mix. Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon grated orange zest and 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries to the batter; cook as directed. Cook 3/4 cup cranberries in 1 cup syrup. Spoon over the pancakes.
36. Classic Waffles Whisk 2 cups flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix in 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 5 tablespoons melted shortening and
4 tablespoons melted butter. Cook in a waffle iron until crisp.
37. Bacon-Pecan Waffles Sprinkle 12 strips bacon with brown sugar and bake at 400 degrees F until crisp; cool, then crumble. Make Classic Waffles (No. 36) with 1 3/4 cups flour and 1 extra tablespoon shortening. Add 1 cup candied bacon and 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. Top with more bacon and nuts.
38. Spice Waffles Make Classic Waffles (No. 36) with 1/4 cup sugar; add 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice to the batter.
39. Chicken and Waffles Make Classic Waffles (No. 36). Top with butter, syrup, fried chicken and hot sauce.
40. Banana-Split Waffles Make Classic Waffles (No. 36) with 4 tablespoons peanut oil instead of butter. Top with ice cream, peanuts, bananas, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.