41. Margarita Guacamole: Make Chunky Guacamole (No. 31), swapping in chopped scallions for the onion; add the zest and juice of 1 lime, the juice of 1/2 orange and 3 tablespoons tequila. Serve in a salt-rimmed bowl with lime wedges.
42. Papaya Guacamole: Make Chunky Guacamole (No. 31), omitting the tomato and reducing the cilantro to 1/4 cup; add 1/4 cup chopped mint and 1/2 cup each diced cucumber and papaya.
43. Wasabi Guacamole: Make Chunky Guacamole (No. 31), mashing 2 teaspoons wasabi paste with the avocado and omitting the tomato and jalapeno; stir in 1/2 cup julienned radishes.
44. Low-Fat Guacamole: Purée one 10-ounce box thawed frozen peas with 1/2 cup each cilantro and mint and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Combine with 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 diced seeded jalapeno, and lime juice and salt to taste.
45. Grape Guacamole: Make Chunky Guacamole (No. 31), adding 1/2 cup chopped grapes.
46. Creamy Guacamole: Purée 3 chopped avocados, the juice of 2 limes, 1/4 cup each crema and water, 1/2 cup cilantro and 1 diced seeded jalapeno. Add salt to taste.
47. Molcajete Guacamole: Mash 1/4 cup chopped white onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, 2 diced seeded serrano chiles and the juice of 1 lime in a molcajete (mortar) to make a paste. Add 3 chopped avocados; mash. Stir in 1/2 cup diced plum tomato, and lime juice and salt to taste.
48. Tomatillo Guacamole: Mash 3 diced avocados with 1/2 cup Salsa Verde (No. 20). Stir in 1/2 cup diced tomato and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
49. Chickpea Guacamole: Purée 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 2 chopped avocados, 2 tablespoons each olive oil, tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice and water, 2 garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
50. Guacamole Parfaits: Toss 1 diced avocado, the juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste in a bowl. Toss 1 diced tomato, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1 chopped seeded jalapeno, and salt to taste in another bowl. Layer the avocado and tomato mixtures in martini glasses. Top with cilantro, lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Photograph by Justin Walker