21. Panzanella: Marinate tomato chunks in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper for 10 minutes. Soak stale bread in water for 5 minutes; drain, then toss with the tomatoes. Add sliced red onion, celery and fresh herbs.
22. Miso-Tofu Salad: Chop 1 inch fresh ginger in a blender; purée with 3 tablespoons miso, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, some soy sauce and chili paste. Blend in 1/2 cup peanut oil. Drizzle over baby spinach and cubed tofu.
23. Crab-Salad Cups: Mix lump crabmeat with celery, tarragon and chives. Toss with mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard; serve in Bibb lettuce cups.
24. Japanese Radish Salad: Top a layer of watermelon radish slices with scallions and baby greens. Whisk mirin, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, grated ginger, salt, and sesame and vegetable oil to taste; drizzle over the salad.
25. Jicama-Mango Slaw: Toss julienned mango and jicama, red onion, radish and cilantro; add cumin, salt and cayenne. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
26. Tricolor Salad: Whisk 1 part balsamic vinegar with 3 parts olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with arugula, escarole and radicchio.
27. Tabouli with Pine Nuts: Mix cooked bulgur, toasted pine nuts, lemon juice, scallions, olive oil, salt and pepper; add diced tomatoes, mint and parsley.
28. Cheesy Spinach Salad: Whisk 1 part red wine vinegar with 3 parts walnut oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Toss with baby spinach, goat cheese and walnuts.
29. Curried Potato Salad: Mix mayo with cider vinegar, curry powder and duck sauce. Fold in roasted sweet potatoes, celery, cilantro and scallions; season with salt and pepper.
30. Smoked-Trout Salad: Whisk 1 part cider vinegar with 3 parts olive oil, minced shallots, horseradish, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Toss with flaked smoked trout, julienned apples and beets, and arugula.