21. Basic Boneless: Dredge 1 pound chicken tenders or boneless chicken breast strips in flour, dip in 2 beaten eggs and coat in 2 cups panko breadcrumbs. Deep-fry in 365 degrees F oil until golden, about 5 minutes.
ROASTED WINGS (Nos. 22 to 43)
Spread 3 pounds chicken wings (split at the joints, tips removed) on 2 oiled rimmed baking sheets and roast at 425 degrees F until very crisp, about 45 minutes.
22. Steakhouse: Toss the wings with salt to taste and 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper; roast. Toss with 1/3 cup steak sauce.
23. Rosemary-Lemon: Toss the wings with 1/4 cup lemon-pepper seasoning and 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary; roast.
24. Horseradish-Crusted: Toss the wings with 1/2 cup dijon mustard and 1/4 cup horseradish. Mix 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and 1 teaspoon paprika; add the wings and toss to coat. Roast until browned, about 35 minutes.
25. Maple-Bacon: Season the wings with salt and pepper and roast. Meanwhile, cook 8 slices bacon in a skillet until crisp; drain and crumble. Whisk 1 tablespoon bacon drippings with 1/4 cup maple syrup and 2 tablespoons each cider vinegar and bourbon. Toss the wings with the syrup mixture and bacon.
26. Sweet Mango Barbecue: Season the wings with salt and pepper and roast. Meanwhile, simmer 1 cup mango nectar and 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Toss with the wings.
27. Teriyaki-Orange: Roast the wings. Meanwhile, simmer 3/4 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Toss with the wings.
28. Honey-Mustard: Season the wings with salt and pepper and roast. Whisk 1 tablespoon melted butter with 1/3 cup Dijon mustard and 1/4 cup honey; toss with the wings. Sprinkle with paprika.
29. Honey Mustard–Pretzel: Toss the wings with 1/2 cup honey mustard and 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper. Grind 4 cups pretzels in a food processor; transfer to a bowl. Add the wings and toss to coat. Roast until crisp, about 40 minutes. Serve with honey mustard.
30. Ginger-Scallion: Roast the wings. Heat 1/2 cup minced scallions with 2 tablespoons each butter, grated ginger, soy sauce and mirin (or sake), and 3/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and sesame oil. Toss with the wings.