Salmon is the perfect choice for a fast, healthy lunch or dinner. It's quick and easy to prepare, and it's an excellent source of protein and B-vitamins. But it's the omega-3 fatty acids that make it such a good option for fish recipes. Researchers are constantly finding new health-giving properties in these amazing fats, so cook up one of these salmon recipes today!
Salmon Appetizer Recipes
Start your party with one of these salmon appetizer recipes. Gravlax, which is a cured salmon dish, is a simple and impressive starter for a crowd.
Salmon Pasta Recipes
- Sesame Seed Crusted Salmon on Soba Noodles with Twiced Cooked Broccoli with Garlic and Hazelnuts
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Sour Cream and Dill
- Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil, and Salmon
Salmon Soup and Salad Recipes
Grilled Salmon Recipes
Grilling and salmon are a natural match because the fish's rich meatiness and fat stand up beautifully to the high heat of live fire. Place the fish directly on the grate or cook it on a wooden plank (usually cedar) for a smokier flavor.
- Barbecued Salmon with Grilled Romaine and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Grilled Salmon Fillet with Honey-Mustard Sauce
- Johnny Garlic's Cedar Plank Salmon
- Salmon with Lemon, Capers, and Rosemary
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillet
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Smoked salmon has a firm texture and a delicate flavor that lends itself well to a variety of fish recipes. Although salmon is usually bought pre-smoked or brined, hot-smoking it yourself is easy and creates delicious results.
Baked, Roasted and Broiled Salmon Recipes
Steamed and Poached Salmon Recipes
Poached salmon recipes are well-loved for a reason – they're simple and healthy. You can flavor the cooking liquid with herbs, aromatic spices, citrus, wine or fennel and serve it with a simple sauce for an elegant lunch or dinner.
- Chardonnay Poached Salmon with Dill Dijon Whipped Cream
- Dad's Poached Salmon with Cucumber Sauce
- Poached Salmon with Lemon Mint Tzatziki
Ground Salmon Recipes
Whether you make salmon burgers, croquettes or patties, you'll save money on economical ground salmon. Canned salmon also has the extra benefit of calcium from the tiny bones that are ground during processing. Don't worry; you won't taste them in your ground salmon recipes.