Speedy Sangria has Been Actualized, Friends!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- Half bottle of dry red wine (about 2 cups)
- 1 apple, cut into little pieces (small enough to fit into the opening of a wine bottle)
- Rubber wine stopper
- Wine saver
- Glasses with ice
- Ginger ale
- Using a funnel, add the sugar, lemon and orange juices to the wine in the wine bottle.
- Add the small pieces of apple.
- Put the rubber stopper in the bottle.
- Put the wine saver on top of the stopper and pump for at least 1 minute to pressurize the bottle.
- When the pumping is done, take the bottle and lay it on its side for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the saver and pour all of the contents of the bottle into a bowl, shaking to get the little apple pieces out of the bottle.
- Ladle the sangria from the bowl into the glasses with ice and add a splash of ginger ale and cognac to each glass.
- Garnish with the little pieces of apple that were in the wine bottle.