- 1/2 cup roasted and skinned hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches arugula (about 12 ounces)
- 2 medium heads radicchio (about 12 ounces)
In a blender, puree the hazelnuts with the vinegars. Add the Gorgonzola and puree for 1 minute. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Wash arugula, pat dry, and separate leaves of radicchio. Break leaves into bitesized pieces.
Just before serving, toss salad greens in a bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat leaves.