Asian Chicken Salad Over Rice Noodle Cake
- 1 whole skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 whole scallion, cut into thick slices
- 2 quarter-size pieces of fresh ginger, smashed
- 2 -3 cups canned chicken broth
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons thai fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno chile, if desired
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, cut into julienne strips
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup blanched snow peas, cut into julienne strips
- 8 large basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 8 large mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- Oil for deep frying
In a saucepan combine the chicken with the scallion, ginger and salt to taste. Add enough of the chicken broth to just cover. Bring the liquid to a boil over moderate heat and simmer, covered, for 8 to10 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through. Let cool in broth. Drain and cut into strips.
Make the dressing: In a food processor or blender combine ingredients and process until combined well.
In a bowl combine the chicken with the scallion, carrot, snow peas, basil, mint and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
In a deep fat fryer heat the oil until hot. Add the rice noodles and cook until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Arrange rice noodles on serving plate and top with the chicken salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.