Asian Ginger Poached Salmon
- Asian Salad Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 ounces sesame oil
- 1 -ounce tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 yellow, red and orange bell pepper ( julienne sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 tarragon sprigs
- 1 (4-ounce) salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup Sylvia?s Secret Herb Seasoning (available from Sylvia?s Food Product Line)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1/4 cup pickled ginger, for garnish
Combine dressing ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, whisk thoroughly and let stand until ready to use.
In an 8-inch saucepan, fill 3/4 with water. Bring to a boil. Place 14 inches of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Add 1/2 cup each of yellow, red and orange peppers on plastic wrap. Add 1/4 cup of julienne slices of ginger on top of peppers. Put 1 tarragon sprig on top of ginger. Coat salmon fillet (front and back) with Sylvia?s Secret Herb Seasoning and place on top of veggies. Add 1 tablespoon of white wine and juice from 1/2 fresh lemon. Place tarragon sprig on top of salmon fillet and fold in plastic, tightly. Place plastic wrap in boiling water and let it poach for 15 minutes. Take your favorite choice of green leaf salad mix and place on plate. Place cooked salmon on salad mix. Spoon Asian salad dressing on top of salmon fillet. Add red onion, remaining peppers, sesame seeds and ginger, to garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.