Asian Pesto with Grilled Shrimp
- 3/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 4 Serrano chiles
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (3 Crab brand)
- 1/2 cup peanut oil (Lion and Globe brand)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Canola oil
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 head baby romaine chiffonade
In a food processor: puree peanuts, chiles, garlic, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, salt and sugar until smooth. Do not overmix as you can heat the mixture. Add the herbs and puree smooth. Check for seasoning. Oil shrimp on both sides and season. Grill on both sides for about 5 minutes total.
Place a layer of romaine on a plate. Lay 3 grilled shrimp on top and liberally drizzle with pesto.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.