- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, julienned on the bias
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
Toss the cabbage together in a large colander and set in the sink. Sprinkle the cabbage with salt and let stand for 15 minutes. The salt draws out some of its moisture so that the slaw remains crunchy.
In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, chile paste, peanut butter, and ginger. Toss together with the cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts and scallions; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.