Asian Soba Salad
- 8 ounces Soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 package enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp or other shellfish
- 1/3 cup minced scallion, including green
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
In a pot of boiling salted water cook the Soba for 5 minutes, or until al dente, drain and transfer to large bowl. Toss with oil. In large saucepan of boiling salted water add carrots and cook 2 minutes, add snowpeas and bean sprouts and bring water back to boil. Drain vegetables and refresh. Pat dry.
Add vegetables to bowl of pasta along with seafood and minced scallion.
Make the dressing: In blender or processor combine all ingredients and blend until combined well. Toss salad with dressing.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.