- 4 cups washed fresh spinach (packaged washed spinach is a time saver)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled (or broil on high in your oven) and then diced
- 1 cup peeled, seeded cucumber, in half-inch chunks
- 1 cup green California seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled soybeans (edamame), thawed
Sweet ginger dressing:
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Or, for a more textured dressing, whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, chicken, cucumber, grapes and soybeans. Toss with the dressing and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 427; Protein 38 g; Carbohydrate 25 g; Fat 21 g; Saturated Fat 3 g; 43% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 68 mg; Sodium 718 mg; Fiber 3.3 g.