- 5 ounces English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces red leaf lettuce, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine cucumber and lettuce in a bowl and, using clean hands, toss to mix thoroughly.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, close, and shake until well combined. Pour over greens and toss until lettuce is well coated with dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve immediately.