Asparagus and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 pound medium size asparagus, stalks peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard and minced garlic to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into sticks, about 1/4 inch wide and 1 inch long.
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 4 ounces wafer thin slices (rounds) of salami
- 1/4 cup slivered roasted red bell pepper (from the jar)
Simmer the asparagus until just cooked through. Rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain, pat dry and cut the spears, on the diagonal, into 1inch long pieces; set aside.
Make a dressing of olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Combine the asparagus and mozzarella and lightly dress with half of the dressing.
Alternate rounds of tomato and salami on the outside of each dinner plate; center asparagus and mozzarella mixture in the middle; drizzle remaining dressing over the tomatoes and salami. Garnish asparagus and mozzarella with roasted peppers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.