Asparagus and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 1 pound medium to thick asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, stems trimmed even with caps
- 4 medium radishes, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, coarse stems discarded
- 1/4 -pound piece Parmesan, room temperature
With a sharp knife, cut asparagus diagonally into very thin slices and transfer to a large bowl. Halve large mushrooms. Slice mushrooms very thin and add with radishes to asparagus. Toss salad gently.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard and salt. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk until emulsified. Drizzle dressing over asparagus salad and toss gently. Grind pepper over salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.