Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups
- 1 pound piece beef tenderloin (center-cut)
- 3 tablespoons coarse cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil for searing
- 20 spears of asparagus, blanched until tender
- Horseradish mayonnaise:
- 1 tablespoon prepared grated horseradish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, slightly thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Season the entire beef tender with kosher salt and pepper. Sear the beef on all sides until very brown. Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise. In a small bowl combine the horseradish, mayonnaise, and chives. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Remove the meat from the pan and allow to cool completely. Using a very sharp knife, slice the beef into 10 thin slices. Season with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of the beef and lay 2 spears of asparagus in the center of each piece of beef. Roll the beef up over the asparagus. Arrange on a plate and drizzle with additional mayonnaise.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.