- 3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 head radicchio, julienned
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 2 heads endive, julienned
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and stems cut back
- 6 shallots, diced
- 24 spears pencil asparagus, blanched and refreshed
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and shaved into strips with peeler
In a saucepan reduce balsamic vinegar until thick and malty. Place in a squirt bottle. In a large mixing bowl, place radicchio, spinach, endive, watercress and arugula. Toss until mixed well. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine shallots, asparagus and the tomato. Add just a touch of balsamic reduction and the olive oil. Mix to coat the vegetables.
On a plate, place salad mix, then asparagus mixture, then carrot strips. Top with a light squirt of balsamic reduction and salt and pepper serve