- 3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 head radicchio, julienned
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 2 heads endive, julienned
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and stems cut back
- 6 shallots, diced
- 24 spears pencil asparagus, blanched and refreshed
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and shaved into strips with peeler
In a saucepan reduce balsamic vinegar until thick and malty. Place in a squirt bottle. In a large mixing bowl, place radicchio, spinach, endive, watercress and arugula. Toss until mixed well. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine shallots, asparagus and the tomato. Add just a touch of balsamic reduction and the olive oil. Mix to coat the vegetables.
On a plate, place salad mix, then asparagus mixture, then carrot strips. Top with a light squirt of balsamic reduction and salt and pepper serve
More Recipes and Ideas:
Artichokes, Asparagus, and Watercress Salad with Cumin Vinaigrette, Salad with White Asparagus and Sherry Vinegar and Olive Oil, Asparagus with Tarragon Sherry Vinaigrette, Bean Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Caesar Salad Recipes, Cole Slaw Recipes, Cucumber Salad Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes