- 6 to 8 Yukon gold potatoes (or 4 large baking potatoes, like russets), peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 pounds hot sausage, out of the casing
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 3/4 cups finely diced celery
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 3 or 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (white or dark)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To a large stock pot, add potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
To a saute pan over medium heat, add sausage and chopped onion in pan and saute until completely cooked. Drain sausage mixture, add celery, and saute a few additional minutes. Add sausage mixture to stockpot with butter. Add cream and extra broth if needed. Add vinegar, vanilla, and parsley at end of cooking. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network?s kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.