- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped, about 2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired, and minced
- 4 to 5 ripe Haas avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crema, creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Corn and tomato garnish:
- 2 ears corn, roasted or boiled, kernels cut off and reserved
- 2 Italian Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, washed and sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon crema, creme fraiche or sour cream
Heat oil in Dutch oven over low heat; add onions, garlic, jalapenos, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, 10 minutes or until translucent. Add avocados and stock and bring to the simmer. Simmer 15 to20 minutes or until avocados are soft. Add cream, being back to a simmer, then puree with immersion blender until very smooth. Stir in cilantro and lime and serve, topped with corn and tomato garnish.
Cooking the avocados preserves their bright color when chilled.Corn and tomato garnish:
Stir together corn kernels with all other ingredients in a small bowl. Serve 2 spoonfuls on top of Avocado Soup.
Yield: 6 servings as garnish
Thank you! your flag was submitted.