- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 ripe Haas avocados, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 quart vegetable stock, plus more, if needed
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Thinly sliced scallions for garnish
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat and add onions, garlic, chipotle pepper and saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add salt, avocados and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until avocados are soft. Add sour cream or yogurt and simmer 1 minute more. Remove from heat and puree in a blender or with an immersion blender. Add more stock if too thick. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Ladle into bowls and top with scallions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.