- 1 pound Hass avocados (about 4), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cups homemade chicken stock, or low-sodium canned, chilled
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and veined, minced
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup tequila, preferably aged
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 watermelon, for serving
In a blender, combine avocado, cilantro, 3/4 cup chicken stock, and serrano pepper. Add orange juice, tequila, salt, zest, and remaining 5 1/4 cups chicken stock. Blend until smooth, in 2 batches if necessary. Strain through a sieve.
Cut watermelon in 1/2 crosswise. Hollow out one half of the watermelon, forming a tureen. Seed flesh, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Pour soup into watermelon, and garnish with watermelon cubes. Reserve remaining 1/2 watermelon for another use.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.