- 1 (6-ounce) fillet dried bacalao (salt cod)
- 1 small tomato, seeded and cut into tiny dice
- 1 pimente (small hot pepper), seeded and minced
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
Place the salt cod in cold water and soak for 3 days, refrigerated. Change the water and soak for another 24 hours, changing the water 3 times.
Drain the salt cod and using your fingers, flake it into a bowl. Cover with the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Allow the mixture to marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve cold temperature.