Bad Girl Beans
- 1/2 pound applewood peppered bacon
- 3 1/2 pounds baked beans
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/8 cup vegetable seasoning (recommended: Veggie Shake)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 9 ounces BBQ sauce
- 6 ounces molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Chop the bacon and cook it in a frying pan over medium heat until most of the fat has been rendered.
Pour the baked beans into large a pot, over medium-low heat. Add the bacon and bring to a simmer. Stir in the peppers and the onions. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes. Serve right away or refrigerate overnight, if possible.