- 1/2 pound applewood peppered bacon
- 3 1/2 pounds baked beans
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/8 cup vegetable seasoning (recommended: Veggie Shake)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 9 ounces BBQ sauce
- 6 ounces molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Chop the bacon and cook it in a frying pan over medium heat until most of the fat has been rendered.
Pour the baked beans into large a pot, over medium-low heat. Add the bacon and bring to a simmer. Stir in the peppers and the onions. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes. Serve right away or refrigerate overnight, if possible.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.