- 1/2 pound bacon, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 cup Ed's BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle beer
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saute pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add onions, garlic, ginger, and peppers and cook until soft. Add dry mustard and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans, BBQ sauce, molasses, brown sugar, and beans. Stir and simmer on stove for 2 hours (or bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour). Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.