Baked Chicken with Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds and All- purpose flour
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- 3 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, heated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, or to taste
- fresh bread crumbs to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a shallow dish combine the sesame seeds, flour, salt and cayenne to taste. Dredge the chicken in the mixture, gently patting the coating onto it. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over moderate heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook it for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add the flour to the skillet and cook it for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cream and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring. Simmer the mixture until lightly thickened and season with the mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the chicken in a buttered baking dish, spoon the sauce over it and sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Bake, covered, with foil, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.